1 dead, 2 hospitalized after Roslindale carbon monoxide leak


One man died and two women were hospitalized after an apparent carbon monoxide leak at a condo complex in Roslindale, fire officials said.

Firefighters responding to a medical emergency at a townhouse condominium on Hyde Park Avenue at 9:47 a.m. assisted with transporting a man and two women to the hospital, Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald said.

The man, whose name has not been released, was pronounced dead at the hospital. The two women are being treated for high levels of carbon monoxide, MacDonald said.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will determine his cause of death.

Firefighters searching the five-unit complex found there weren’t any working carbon monoxide or smoke detectors in any of the units, MacDonald said.

A National Grid crew and the city’s Inspectional Services Inspector are working to determine the source of the leak. A stove has been determined to be one source.

Eighteen residents have been temporarily displaced.

Developing…



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *