Aaron Hernandez estate wins right to sell mansion


Aaron Hernandez’s estate won a court order yesterday to allow the sale of his North Attleboro mansion, with the bulk of the proceeds set aside pending the wrongful-death suit filed by the mother of the man the former New England Patriot was originally convicted of murdering.

Bristol Superior Court Judge Karen F. Green ordered that a December 2013 attachment on Hernandez’s then-$1.5 million home at 22 Ronald C. Meyer Drive will be dissolved once the net proceeds from its sale are deposited in the court clerk’s office, after payment of all outstanding liens, Realtor commissions, municipal charges and repair and cleaning charges on the property, which has languished, unoccupied, on the market for more than a year.

In September, the Herald reported that a private buyer had struck a purchase and sale agreement to unload the “deteriorating,” 7,100-square-foot home “as is” for $1 million, according to documents filed in Bristol Probate and Family Court by attorney John G. Dugan, the estate’s court-appointed representative.

The purchase agreement originally was scheduled to expire on Oct. 31. But in court documents filed last Friday, Dugan said the sale had been extended for 30 days so that he could clear the title, as required by the agreement.

Attorneys for Ursula Ward, the mother of Odin L. Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-pro football player Hernandez was convicted of fatally shooting in 2013, said in court filings Monday that she does not oppose the sale of the house and understands her attachment must be dissolved to allow it to be sold; she “simply asks that she retain her priority lienholder status on the proceeds of the sale … ”

Court documents show Hernandez was $2 million in debt when he hanged himself on April 19 at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, where he was serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole for Lloyd’s murder. That conviction was vacated after his suicide because the case was still under appeal.

Heranadez’s lawyer, Miami attorney Jose Baez, filed a $20 million federal lawsuit under seal in Boston against the Patriots and the National Football League on behalf of Hernandez’s daughter and fiancee, claiming head trauma Hernandez allegedly suffered playing football led to his suicide.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *