He got $1.5 million, Michelle Williams just $1,000. So Mark Wahlberg gave it all…


On Saturday, Mark Wahlberg announced via Twitter that he will donate the $1.5 million salary he earned reshooting scenes from “All the Money in the World,” a drama based on the 1973 kidnapping of John Paul Getty III, to the Times Up Legal Defense Fund.

Walberg became the center of controversy when it was revealed last year that his co-star, Michelle Williams, earned only $1,000 for reshooting the movie’s scenes. The 10-day reshoot was required when director Ridley Scott decided to replace the actor who played Getty’s grandfather, billionaire oilman J. Paul Getty. Scenes with Kevin Spacey – the subject of multiple abuse allegations – as the elder Getty were edited out, and replaced by scenes featuring Christopher Plumber in the role.

William Morris Endeavor, the talent agency that represents both Wahlberg and Williams, said it will also donate $500,000 to the fund.

In a statement, Wahlberg said, “Over the last few days my reshoot fee for All The Money in the World has become an important topic of conversation. I 100% support the fight for fair pay and I’m donating the $1.5 million to the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund in Michelle Williams’ name.”

Michelle Williams told the USA Today in December that she eagerly gave up her Thanksgiving holiday to do a re-shoot because she was so grateful the film was going to continue. “I said I’d be wherever they needed me, whenever they needed me. And they could have my salary, they could have my holiday, whatever they wanted. Because I appreciated so much that they were making this massive effort,” Williams recalled.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *