Here’s a look at what’s happening in restaurant news around the Kansas City area.
▪ Afterword Tavern & Shelves, bookshop, bar and cafe, 1834 Grand Blvd. Late 2017 opening.
▪ The Ainsworth, Park Place, 11563 Ash St., Leawood. Fall opening.
▪ Andy’s Frozen Custard, 10816 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Shawnee. Late October opening. It also plans to open in the redeveloped Metcalf South, now known as 95Metcalf South. It has a site under contract at 10641 State Line Road but no opening date was available. It also is looking at sites in Liberty, North Kansas City and Overland Park.
▪ The Bar at Red Bridge, 666 E. Red Bridge Road. Officials did not return phone calls.
▪ The Bar West Plaza, 1121 W. 47th St., by the owners of Bar West in Shawnee and The Bar in Mission. Hopes to open by October.
▪ BKS Artisan Ales, 633 E. 63rd St., Suite 120. No opening date was available.
▪ Black Dirt, a new restaurant by the owners of Justus Drugstore, 5070 Main St. January 15, 2018 opening.