IAS officer Vini Mahajan took over as the Chief Secretary of Punjab and became the first woman in Punjab to hold the post.
On Friday a major development sees that IAS officer Vini Mahajan took over as the chief secretary of Punjab and became the first woman who holds this post in the state. Mahajan replaces Karan Avtar Singh. Prior to this, Vinnie Mahajan served as Additional Chief Secretary, Industry and Commerce, Investment Promotion, IT and Governance Reform, and Public Grievances. The IAS officer has also had an active role in administering the state government’s response to the COVID-19 epidemic.
IAS officer Vini Mahajan Facts:
- Vini Mahajan is a Bachelor of Economics from Lady Shri Ram College, DU, and has a master’s degree from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta, where she was placed in the Role of Honor and later also received a Distinguished Alumnus Award.
- The IAS officer helped Punjab in attracting investment worth Rs 20,000 crore every year during its tenure in investment promotion and industry and commerce. With him at the helm, Punjab first attended the World Economic Forum in Davos in 2019 and held a highly successful investor summit in December 2019 with a focus on MSMEs.
- During her tenure in ACS Housing & Urban Development, 5,000-acre development for a new township near Mohali Airport was initiated. Under her leadership, Punjab became the first state in the country to implement the National Generic Document Registration System.
- Vinnie Mahajan, from 2005-2012, the then Worked in Prime Minister Dr.Manmohan Singh’s office, and also participated in the global response to matters related to finance, industry and commerce, telecommunications, IT, etc. through the G20 mechanism.
- She was appointed as the Chief Administrator of the new Anandpur Sahib Development Authority in 1997, and the CEO Anandpur Sahib Foundation. She served as the chairman of the ceremony committee. 550 Year Celebration of Guru Nanak Dev Ji in 2019.
- Vini Mahajan has received many academic awards, such as the National Talent Search Scholarship. She was a fellow of Hubert Humphrey at American University in Washington DC in 2000–2001. She may be the only student in the country who joined IIT and AIIMS Delhi in 1982, after which she completed the 12th standard from Modern School, New Delhi.
- In 1995, she became the first woman officer to be posted as a DC in Punjab, when she took over as DC Ropar, the capacity with which she launched a highly effective total literacy campaign, which required Ropar to perform as the best national literacy Got the award. Country.